Friday, February 22, 2013

Yellowstone

So, those of you who are Facebook friends with me may already know, but I have accepted a position to work at Yellowstone National Park from April 20 to July 23 (or possibly a little longer).
I decided that I would apply to a few National Parks for summer jobs because I have no plans between traveling and college in the fall, so I knew I would have a few months of free time.
I heard back from Yellowstone about three weeks after I applied, and then waited the maximum amount of time before replying to make sure I didn't get any more job offers. I didn't even get a chance to apply to all of the places that I could because I already got an offer.
I will be stationed at the Mammoth Hot Springs inside of Yellowstone working at a deli type place for the three months, and I will be staying in a dorm with a meal plan while I'm there.
So I will have to work, but I get 3 whole months to explore Yellowstone and the surrounding area!
It should be an adventure!

Also, this means that all of you have to come visit me while I'm there, so plan your vacations now! :)


For those who wondered what my plans are between now and when I start in April; I plan on staying in Phoenix until the middle of March and then going home for the month in between. This still leaves time in between Yellowstone and college to travel more if I want to, or stay longer in Yellowstone if I want to. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great. If you are looking for something to do late March and April let me know.

    ReplyDelete